Monday 12 April 2010

Book News!

After frantically checking my e-mails, every half an hour last week, I finally got the good news I had been crossing my fingers and toes for. My first children's book, 'This Way Up' had got a good response from Bologna Book Fair. I was thrilled!
It got interest from USA, France, Brazil, Japan, Spain, Korea and some of the Scandanavian countries, and a few hours later I heard that France had signed and ordered 5000 copies.
Yippee!



So, now it can be pre-ordered on-line from WhSmith, Waterstones and on Amazon. It comes out on the shelves in November 2010, so I am very excited!

Whilst over here in Australia, I've started working on my new book, as I am presenting a few ideas to Hodder's in a few weeks. Hopefully they'll like the new adventures I have planned for Poppy and Quinn.

In the meantime, I am also working on promotion for this book. Trying to organise some school visits, so if any one has a primary school they know of who might like a children's book author/illlustrator to pop by for a day or afternoon, please let me know. I do little sessions on how to draw animals, sometimes do cartoon portraits of the children or make cardboard collages with them, as well as a little storytime session.

Or if any other authors have any advice on organising school visits, please feel free to give me any tips.

Anyway, back to the grindstone. Best get some scribbling done.

Until next time.... xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hayley,

    Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I have been telling all the family about your book and the fact that they can order it now.

    Whats this about your new book???? Good Luck Darling. You cleaver cleaver Girl. XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news, Lady! welldone. x

    ReplyDelete