Friday 7 January 2011

Lancashire Book of the Year Award 2011


Happy New Year Everyone.
I hope you are all well.

Today I was delighted to hear from Jake Hope from the Lancashire County Libraries. He is a lovely guy and did a smashing review in the 'Bookseller' for 'This Way Up' when it was released last November.

He asked me if I would be create the new illustration  to celebrate the 25th Birthday of The Lancashire Book of the Year Award, which I was trilled to accept. We are the same age afterall!

My final original illustration will framed and awarded as a prize to the winning author as well as being  pblished in Book of the Year booklet.

I am pretty chuffed he asked me to do it and have been scribbling down ideas ever since receiving the e-mail.

This isn't an idea in progress, but just a little doodle I quite liked.

I will be posting, step by step, the developing illustration on this blog... so stay tuned for more scribbles! :) x


In the mean time I am also doing a few more book signings and workshops through January:

Saturday 15th January - Warrington Waterstones
Sunday 16th January - Trafford Centre, Manchester Waterstones
Saturday 22nd January - Manchester Deansgate Waterstones


Pop along if you can make it! :D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment